Imagine an ocean liner crossing the sea with the captain barking out commands to crew members located in the hold of the ship, below the water line. The captain is like the conscious mind, the crew like the subconscious. When the captain states a command, the crew responds and carries out the orders precisely, not caring if the ship runs into rocks or gets to its destination safely. It is nonjudgemental and does not question the captain of the ship. The conscious and subconscious are two areas of the same mind.
You don’t get what you want in life— you get what you expected unless what you want and what you expect are the same. Your self-concept is created by your self-talk and your self-concept determines your performance in any area of your life.
You may have many self-concepts. For example, you may have a high concept as a skier, but the low self-concept as a golfer. Your subconscious works to ensure your performance is consistent with your self-concept, for better or for worse.
You didn't come into the world with a belief, attitude or opinion about anything. You were not born Democrat or Republican, Catholic or Protestant-- with beliefs of how the world should be.
Through the input, you receive from your parents, siblings, and others, you form some concepts about who you are, areas that you seem to excel in, and areas where you come up short. By the time you reach six years of age, many of your self-concepts have been formed--not so much by the words you hear from others but how you interpret and reinforce those words with your own self-talk.
Your self-talk creates your self-concept. There is a one-to-one relationship between your self-concept and your performance. To improve your performance or effectiveness, you need to improve your self-concept by deliberately creating a new language that describes your new desired result. Through repetition, your revised self-talk provides new instructions to your subconscious which immediately goes to work to fulfill these new orders. The subconscious does not argue what is right or wrong or what may be best for you-- it simply does what it's told by the conscious mind. So, to change your life, change your self-talk-- you'll be amazed at the results!
Here is an outline to get the most out of reading “Expand the Power of Your Subconscious Mind,” by Dr. Joseph Murphy and C James Jensen:
1. Read “Expand the Power of Your Subconscious Mind” once at a steady pace.
2. Go to a quiet place and think what will make you the happiest person that you wish to be. Take your time, focus, and contemplate deeply.
3. Write down the outcomes that will make you that happy person. For example, you may wish to use the following guideline:
I. I am in perfect health
II. I have the most wonderful and loving relationships
III. I am financially independent and have no insecurities and have some surplus to help those I love.
IV. I love my work and look forward to beginning the day
V. I am engaged in healthy sports activities to keep my body in shape
VI. I am engaged in enough literary activities to keep my mind in shape
VII. I take part in civic and social activities
4. Believe in your mind that you have achieved those and that you will improve on those and think how you will accomplish such improvements. It is perfectly fine that you may not get answers to those immediately yet keep thinking. Make this a daily routine.
5. You will encounter miracles in the ensuing days. You will find yourself attracting people who will guide you to get there, lead you to get there and people who will partner with you to get there. You will come across books and other learning materials that will help you get there.
6. Talk to those you meet with about your new way of looking at life, tell them about your new resolutions. About the book and the books, you are reading. Discuss issues with others and listen to their side of the story. You are sure to come across negative comments but please do not let them get to you as that is part of the journey: The Yin and Yang.
7. Finally each day try to read a few pages from “Expand the Power of Your Subconscious Mind,” (read one or two pages) preferably at night and then turn the lights off and in the dark review what you read and how it applies to your list. You are going to find the answers and your wishes will come true.
Let me please end this by saying that in life nothing comes easy, thus, if you were promised things too good to be true by anyone or any organization, you must be very careful. What this book provides is a way to understand the hardships in life yet not turn negative, or too optimistic for that matter if someone promises you an easy way in life, but believe in yourself, not only on your skills but also on your judgement to make the right decisions by believing that you can accomplish anything with hard work and a good attitude.
— Review by Andrew Weeraratne CPAChief Executive Officer, Novusterra Inc.
“Sometimes a book comes along that offers the reader a life-changing opportunity. Murphy and Jensen have written one that does just that. I know from firsthand experience how you can improve your life by putting to work the principles and concepts contained in Expand the Power of Your Subconscious Mind. If you are going to read one book this year, make it this one.”—Howard Behar, president, Starbucks Coffee International, retired
"A forecast of the future, where magic and miracles rest on sound scientific principles and are transformed into everyday marvels."
— Dean Radin, PhD, chief scientist, Institute of Noetic Sciences, and associated distinguished professor, California Institute of Integral Studies
"In his book Expand the Power of Your Subconscious Mind, author Jim Jensen has crafted a true masterpiece that inspires readers to transform their lives by channeling the limitless potential of their highest wisdom. I found this book to be a remarkable resource for assisting me with my personal growth. Simply stated, Expand the Power of Your Subconscious Mind is an absolute game changer."
— Dr. Mark Mincolla bestselling author of "Whole Health"
"A merging of wisdom from two leaders, this book offers invaluable tools for anyone who seeks to master their mind—and their destiny."
— Sara Wiseman, author of Messages from the Divine and The Intuitive Path
"Jensen's book is perfect for the action-oriented 21st century. Get ready to be energized!"
— Stan Freimuth, retired chairman & CEO, Ragen MacKenzie, Inc.
“Drawing upon knowledge from both the wisdom traditions and contemporary research, Expand the Power of Your Subconscious Mind shows us ways to advance the exploration of our soul’s further reaches. Every one of us can participate in this adventure, on the greatest of all human frontiers.”—Michael Murphy, founder of the Esalen Institute and author of The Future of the Body
Learn and Grow with this FREE Newsletter